How to Make a Homemade House Fly Trap
It is very irritating when a house fly buzzes around your head. Well, it might not be much of a nuisance when compared to the amount of germs and diseases they carry. To get rid of these disease-spreading house-flies, you can definitely use an insect killing spray. But, is it safe to use a strong chemical component when your kids, food and pets are around? A simpler and safer solution is to make a homemade house fly trap, it is easy to prepare and very inexpensive. They do not have any dangerous elements in them, and at the same time they are use-and-throw away.
Things You Will Require
- Empty milk jug
- Pancake syrup
- Apple cider vinegar
Steps for Making a House Fly Trap at Home
Follow these simple steps to prepare your very own fly trap at home:
- Take a gallon sized milk jug and clean it properly with soapy warm water. Make sure you rinse it thoroughly so that the milk smell vanishes.
- All around the jug, make around five holes which are in line, right along the center of the jug’s handle. Make sure that the holes are big enough for the flies to enter the milk jug.
- In a bowl, mix ¼ cup of apple cider vinegar with ¼ cup of pancake syrup. Pour this apple-vinegar-pancake-syrup mixture into your holed-jug.
- Fill up at least half of the jug with water. Place a lid on the milk jug.
- The next step is to place this homemade house fly trap at a place where fly population is high.
- When the jug is filled with flies, empty them out, and again refill the ingredients or make another one and use a new jug.
With just a few simple things, you can make your very own homemade house fly traps at home. So, make one right away and get rid of those bugging house flies!