How to Cut your Own Hair for Women
Although it may sound daunting, cutting your very own hair can be fun and economical. Heading to a reliable salon could be safe, but there is no harm in experimenting right? Choose a sexy haircut and cut accordingly. Be it bangs, layers, or a simple straight cut, it may pay to take some chances and cut your own hair.
Things you Will Require
- Sharp salon scissors (available at any beauty supply store)
- Water spray
Steps for Cutting your Own Hair
Follow these simple steps to trim your hair:
- You can start your trimming process right after you wash your hair. While shortening your hair, it is important that you have damp hair. You can either wash your hair and cut, or simply damp your hair by spraying it with water.
- Do not cut your hair waywardly. Have a plan as to how to go about things. Do you want to cut your hair almost two inches short or simply change your entire look? Depending on that, start to trim your hair in a step-by-step manner.
- Divide your hair into small portions, by separating each portion with a hair clip. Pull out the first section of hair and give it a quick comb.
- Now, choose the length of hair that you would like to shorten. Place your fingers at the desired length and slowly begin to trim your hair. It is wise to cut only half an inch each time.
- After each trim, make sure that you re-examine the cut-version of your hair. Let your hair fall straight and check if it is even. If it is not, trim again.
- While you snip your hair, make sure that you cut both the sides one after another. In this way, you can keep a tab of the length and it also reduces the probability of cutting unevenly. This is an easier way to match both the sides of your hair.
- If you are going in for layers, trim each section of your hair into different lengths.
- It is very easy to cut your hair, when you pull it up in the front. But, if you are cutting your hair at the back, make sure that you cut very slowly. Use two mirrors to have a better view. After each trim, examine your snip.
It is very easy to cut your own hair, provided you are game for experimentations!