10 Ways for Removing Odors from Clothes
You might have tried all the tricks in the book for removing odors from clothing, but in vain! Foul smelling clothes are a matter of great embarrassment. After all, who doesn’t want to smell fresh and clean? Some simple strategies can help you in removing odors from clothes and keep you fresh all day long.
Removing odors from clothes
- Apply a thick paste of water and baking soda on washed clothes and let it dry for a day. Wash it the next day to remove perspiration odors and stains.
- Rinsing with white vinegar also helps in removing sweat smell from clothes.
- Soak the clothes in a solution of one gallon of water and two tablespoons dishwashing detergent before washing them. This is said to get rid of odor from clothes.
- Pour a can of Coca Cola in washing machine to wash your clothes. It can eliminate odor.
- Adding ammonia to the clothes while washing can remove the musty smell from them.
- Spray Odorzyme on clothes and leave them for half an hour before washing them to get rid of urine odor.
- Drying the clothes properly in the sun might also help in fighting odor.
- Mix equal portions of hydrogen peroxide and water and apply it on clothes. Leave it for 30 minutes and then wash the clothes to make them smell great.
- Rubbing alcohol on the affected area might also remove perspiration smell from clothes.
- You can also use borax powder with hot water and detergent to wash clothes and get rid of foul odor.
Besides the above tips, be sure not to wash the foul-smelling clothes with the rest of the laundry, or the odor could transfer to all of the clothes. Wash them separately instead.