Courtship: Is Courtship Before Marriage Necessary?
Let’s start with the most important point in courting. Courtship before marriage is not just dating. It is a period when two people, who have agreed to get married, spend time getting to know each other. Whereas dating is merely having fun with another person, without any long-term intentions. In courtship, the couple try to figure out whether marriage is a good option. The couple are either engaged or contemplating marriage. It makes the relationship public. Therefore, courtship before marriage is necessary.
Why is courtship before marriage important?
- As both partners may be from different backgrounds, this period gives them time to adjust.
- It is a good time to get to know each other’s likes and dislikes.
- One can establish communication to strengthen the relationship.
- Both partners can understand the aims and ambitions of the other.
- Personality adjustments can take place during courtship.
- Unlike dating, the couple can think about the future more seriously.
- In courtship, people usually take practical decisions, not romantic ones.
- It is an opportunity to exactly confirm what you want from your partner.
- It gives an insight into the life of the prospective partner.
- It makes you comfortable with each other.
- Courtship before marriage shows how both partners may tackle arguments in their married life.
- In case of any incompatibility, it is easier to break an engagement off than to end a marriage.
- If the relationship doesn’t work out, the family members of both partners are spared the divorce turmoil.